Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Discussion with Brenda Ridgewell

During my discussion with Brenda i explained how i enjoy using enamelling (colour) and forging in my work. i told her how i use the sea as a reference point with my work. Basically the feedback was that i should take my own underwater photos next time I dive and use them as my reference material instead of relying on images in books. This way the pieces can be more personal?
I also need to experiment and 'play' with my existing elements, and possibly create a piece of jewellery that has limited movement. While playing with these pieces i need to document ideas by photographing them.Brenda suggested i look at an australian jewellery called Michelle K
elly, who makes organic jewellery. She focuses on mycology (the study of fungi) as her inspiration for her pieces.

Brenda Ridgewell is a jewellery lecturer at Curtin University in Perth. She creates jewellery that explores ones personal or intimate space. These are some of her pieces...







No comments:

Post a Comment