Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Exhibition at Colombo



When reflecting on this exhibition and deciding what worked and what could have been improved, I thought about this...

Each person could see a collection of jewellery or any kind of art subjectively. So displaying my work in context helps the viewer understand the background and enhance the actual collection. The sand and water further hinted that my jewellery was 'from the ocean'. For my final exhibition I should explore this display idea further by creating a similar display that allows my pieces to be picked up and explored (not in bottles).
Feedback that I recieved about my display was that the jars forced the viewer to engage with my work. Because people had to bend down and look into the jars it demanded more attention. Another comment that was made was about the water and how it distorts the shape and colours of the piece once submerged.


Photo: Jenni McKenzie
Photo: Matthew Stroud
Photo: Jenni McKenzie
Photo: Jenni McKenzie
Photo: Matthew Stroud
Photo: Jenni McKenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment