Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Soldering the frames...

After the metal prep was done, which to me is the worst part of working with platinum, I could get to soldering... which is the best part!

I started off by bending up my teardrop frames...


...and then moved onto bending up the inside pieces. Again I noticed how hard platinum is when I was bending and curling the wire. Once the little pieces were fitted and sitting flush against the side of the frame, I could easily solder my bits together. The great thing about soldering platinum is that you dont need flux. This made soldering all those little pieces together clean, quick and painless.




The picture below shows how I fit all my pieces together. I cut a piece of wire longer than I will need it, this makes it easier to bend up and allows room for mistakes. Once I have the shape I want, I cut the excess away and file the end down so that it's flush with the frame...



No comments:

Post a Comment