Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

AngloGold sketches

For the AngloGold competition this year I wasnt quite sure what I wanted to design. The theme is very similar to the previous year. Basically, choose a design direction (Steam punk, Dual Purpose / Collaborative, Bold / Sleek / Uncluttered) and along with it comes 2 characters for which you have to design either a piece of jewellery, or an accessory.

my thought process went from designing a steam punk accessory...




... to a steam punk ring...


...to a 'collaborative' ring, which I plan to submit as my design for a piece of jewellery. The character that I am designing for in this category is Florence. In her detailed character description the one thing that stood out for me was her dream to become an interior designer, because of this, I designed a ring that will include patterned fabrics...


No comments:

Post a Comment