Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Vetkat tree... awww, cute.

The photos below show the detail on the back of the setting for the enamel. Originally I was going to pierce out a tree shape and place another piece of enamel behind it, so it could be seen through the pierced shape. Then I started thinking about how the bale would work with the piercing and how I could integrate it into the pendant without it looking like it's been slapped on. That's why I decided to make my little tree. I used forged wires to make this tree, and left the top wire long so that it could be bent over into a bale for the chain...


The back of this pendant took me much longer than the enamel for the front did, which I dont mind at all. I feel like i've 'done my job' when I watch people looking at my jewellery and they admire the front but get a surprise when they turn it over and see the back is as detailed, if not more, than the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment