Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

finished Vetkat pendant

Yay, it's done. Although I was hesitant at first about doing Vetkat inspired jewellery, because I convinced myself it could in no way relate to my work, I am really glad I made this piece. I managed to make the theme suit my way of makin jewellery and apply some of the concepts I am working with for my Btech. Aswell as these, I played with a new technique and got myself enamelling again...


A slight problem that I encountered while making this piece, was spending what felt like forever, sanding and filing and sanding and filing to ensure that the back of my setting would get a great highly polished finish. Only to have all the solder run and ruin it when I soldered my little tree...

... After resanding and polishing I ended up glass brushing my piece to give it a matte finish because I wasn't completely happy with the highly polished result.

No comments:

Post a Comment